Monday, September 17, 2012

The most beautiful thing in the world


One of the most beautiful sights that I have seen in quite a while has to be a pile of unpacked and  flattened boxes.

Yes, the unpacking has begun. If fact, I don't have that many boxes left. Although I cannot speak for my roommate.

When we first looked at this house, I thought that having the office space right off my bedroom would be a bit of a pain, but after a few weeks, I am beginning to realize the benefits.  Having the computer right there, it's pretty hard to ignore. And while the organizing and unpacking takes precedence over my writing, I can feel the siren's call of the keyboard and the urge to head for that shore is growing strong.  

I will be very glad when all the boxes are in the bin and I won't feel guilty for spending the evening brainstorming with my roommate or actually working on my next book.

In the meantime I wanted to give a short update on the new place.

The yard is massive and the dog LOVES it.

The cats have realized that there is grass outside and not a breezeway--so the opening of doors has become a little more dangerous and Zoe the escape artist has been apprehended twice already.

 Mary and I have now learned one very important rule of owning a pool--you cannot forget the chlorine or algicide--EVER.

Yesterday my mother came over to take the tour and said one of the best things she could have to make me feel even better about our new living arrangement.   "I'm jealous"

Yep, it made my day.  


Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have time to write up a book review or two and post them. 


Thanks for reading

-A

No comments: