Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's 5:00 AM somewhere



I know that it was a mistake to fall asleep at 7 o'clock last night. I know I will regret it this afternoon when I've been awake since 2 o'clock in the morning. However. The hours between two and six were not a complete waste. I did not spend them, much as I might have been tempted, falling down the rabbit hole of Reddit or YouTube. I did something productive beneath the light of my brand-new desk light.

 I have always known that I wanted to write a book that started with an expletive, and I've toyed with it a few times over the years since I had that idea, but I never spent more than a few minutes thinking about it.

Last night/this morning as I lay awake, I saw the first scene in my head, I heard the words on the page and I jumped up to stumble (it was two in the morning) to my desk. I know how it begins, which is only slightly better than knowing how it all ends.
I needed a name for my character and suddenly Mina existed. She is running from someone and suddenly Tharin existed.


I don't know who these characters are yet, or what story awaits them. I wonder if Mina will be anything like her literary namesake. Unfortunately they are in a long queue of ideas for books and stories so it may be some time before I can discover the answers.  For now. Time to go to the job that pays the bills. 

YAWN!

No comments: